Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission from the vendor at no extra cost to you. These business relationships allow us to keep bringing you great EatMoveHack content. All opinions remain our own.
Firstly, I’ll give a quick overview of Tim Ferriss nootropic choices. Then later in this post, I’ll go into details on each one.
Tim Ferriss nootropic list:
- Creatine & Ubiquinol- All American EFX Kre-Alkalyn Creatine & Solgar Ubiquinol 200 mg
- Lion’s Maine Extract – Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee with Lion’s Mane & Chaga
- Yerba Mate – Cruz De Malta
- Exogenous Ketones – KetoCaNa & KetoForce
Tim has tried the majority of smart drugs on the market, including things like the racitam family (piracetam, aniracetam etc), modafinil, ritalin etc. At one stage, before he was a bestselling author, he ran a supplement company called BrainQuicken, focused on selling cognitive enhancement supplements. So he knows his stuff.
As of Sept 2016, Tim has decided the short term gain from many of the popular smart drugs are not worth the long term side effects.
Therefore, Tim Ferriss nootropic choices are a little different from most. That being said, he still uses a number of products that give him a sustainable cognitive boost.
Creatine & Ubiquinol
Tim considers this combination for those with alzheimer’s or other mitochondrial based neurodegenerative diseases in their family history. He takes them on a daily basis.
Lion’s Maine Extract
Tim consumes Lion’s Mane as a drink combined with chaga (another mushroom) and coffee. Known as Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee.
Tim alternates between the coffee version (above) and this non-coffee version. One way to consume the mix without coffee is to do as Dr Rhonda Patrick does, and blend it into a smoothie.
The KetoCaNa is the weaker of the two, but is the most palatable. KetoForce would have a greater impact on your blood ketone level (beta-hydroxybutyrate). KetoForce is an alkaline liquid, that you can add to water to drink. To balance out the alkalinity you can add some lemon juice.
For more info on these nootropics, check out the 9 minute YouTube video Tim made on the subject.
See what else Eat Move Hack can do to help you in your fitness journey. Explore other articles about supplements and biohacking or even see what deals we have to offer. Get the resources to get the body you want.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy:
- Tim Ferriss – 3 Day Fast Protocol Details
- Dr Rhonda Patrick’s Preferred Supplement List
- Rhonda Patrick’s Diet Details – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Rhonda Patrick’s Pregnancy + Baby Product Recommendations
For deals from our great partners check out these offers below for products and programs to keep you on track!
- We love Amazing Grass products because they are packed with all the good stuff to keep you on track and make you feel good. They can be mixed into smoothies, hot beverages, even baked goods.
- If you’re looking for an easy way to get more lean proteins and great fats (think Omega-3), check out Vital Choice seafood. We love their great selection and easy selection and shipping options. SAVE 10% OFF SITE WIDE + Get Free Shipping On Orders $99+ Using Code: HEARTHEALTH20 At VitalChoice.com! Shop Here!
- If you need inspiration, gear, or just a fun way to find more ways to stay active, check out Active.com. Start your $0.99 trial with ACTIVE Advantage today!
- We love fermented food because it’s delicious and good for us. But it’s also fun and easy to make at home with products from Cultures for Health. Free Shipping on Orders over $40 at CulturesForHealth.com!