What Is The Skinny Girl Diet?
For some people, a strict diet doesn’t work for them. Bethenny Frankel understands this completely. Her Skinny Girl Diet is an excellent way to shed pounds while not giving up on the foods that people love the most. Her take is to simply balance out every meal in moderation. Everything about the Skinny Girl diet is unique in a way that will promote weight loss and healthy eating but remains free from the irritabilities associated with it. Because there are no drastic alterations in the diet plan, it is also safe for teenagers and the elderly to try.
Who Is Bethenny Frankel?
Born in New York City, Bethenny Frankel always had talent with creating appetizing and healthy meals for her friends and family. She is also a businesswoman, famed for her appearances on The Real Housewives of New York City in 2008. She later became a bestselling author with numerous life coaching, cooking, and self-help books under her name.
As her presence increased on television, so did her interest in promoting her Skinnygirl brand and other offshoot products that are labeled with the same name. This resulted in Bethenny aiming her focus primarily on dieting and cooking that blends well with low-calorie beverages.
Fundamentals Of The Skinny Girl Diet
Bethenny formulated her Skinny Girl Diet on 5 principles to which the user is to follow:
1. Not eating the same food constantly
2. Refraining from consuming the same food twice on the same day
3. Regulating intake of proteins and starches
4. Moderating sugary foods under vegetarian meals
5. Placing good judgement on when to splurge
One of the greatest obstacles to making a change in eating habits is trying to avoid eating the same things every day. Due to the habitual qualities that exist in foods today, it is fairly easy for the occasional snack that is high in calories and sugar to manifest into an addiction. For many people, this includes junk food. Potato chips, cookies, candies, and sugary drinks should be the first step in taking on the Skinny Girl diet. It may even be necessary for some to cut back on the amount of items purchased for storage in the pantry.
One misleading quality about unhealthy foods is how they are seldom eaten at the amount that is listed on the nutritional label. For example, honey buns can contain over 500 calories with each serving. Yet the label may indicate half of the bun as the recommended serving each day. This makes it quite difficult to burn fat. An easy solution is the never go over one serving on any particular food. Having seconds on moderately healthy dishes is also prohibited. If these rules are adherently followed, weight loss will happen in weeks. In fact, some may decrease in size over the span of a week if they are physically active. Walking in the mornings and evenings is also acceptable if strenuous exercise cannot be performed.
Protein is one of the most abundant compounds found within the human body. Nearly all organs depend on its collagen to maintain their structure. While it is created naturally in the body with essential amino acids, food that has protein content will drive weight loss by promoting lean muscle mass. Starches are high concentrations of carbohydrates. They are found often in whole grains and rice. They are completely healthy as long as consumption is spread out.
Even if Skinny Girl diet does not depend solely on vegetables for fiber content, vegan meals offer a lot in the assistance of weight loss. Green foods have high levels of potassium, vitamin B12, and antioxidants. Mixed responsibly with a seldom meal that has an above average of sugar content regulates fat storage and depletion. Fat cells travel throughout the blood vessels and have a tendency to expand when large amounts of sugar are eaten on a regular basis. Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli keep unhealthy fats from accumulating.
As the body readjusts itself to the healthy changes that are commenced from having fewer high-calorie meals, funds will also be saved since dieters are less likely to buy unhealthy foods to avoid any temptations. With this strategy, time can be well-spent on saving up for events that may include eating not-so-healthy ingredients. Having a large dinner at a restaurant or the random stop at a fast food establishment will be less likely to end in a total diet relapse.
Skinny Girl Recipes
Recipes for the Skinny Girl diet will generally be low in carbohydrates and sugars. If gluten is preferred to be avoided, whole wheat bread can be substituted with gluten-free wheat or rice bread. Cooking times are relatively short and meals should be eaten after cooking is completed.
Macaroni and Cheese
• 1 box rotini pasta (or any other preferred pasta)
• 1 cup nonfat milk
• 1 cup of low fat shredded parmesan
• 1 cup of low fat shredded cheddar cheese, sharp or mild
• 1 cup frozen butternut squash
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce or chili powder. More can be used if necessary.
• 2 tablespoons of panko bread crumbs
• 2 tablespoons low fat Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook the pasta in water blended with salt until it is firm.
• In another saucepan, combine the milk, parmesan, cheddar, and butternut squash over medium heat until it is completely melted. Then turn the heat off and add mustard, worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and hot sauce or chili powder.
• Do not rinse the pasta after it has been drained. Mix it with the cheese sauce and gently toss until it sticks to the pasta. At this point, more seasoning can be added according to user’s preferred taste.
• Coat a baking pan with cooking spray and put the blended pasta inside. Lightly sprinkle with mozzarella, breadcrumbs, or Monterey Jack. Then let it bake for 15 or 20 minutes max.
Vegan Lentil Burgers
• 1 cup finely chopped red onion
• 1 1/2 cup cooked lentils
• 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
• 1/2 tsp. pepper
• 1/2 tsp. mustard
• 1/2 tsp. Indian Spices (I used Za’atar, a middle eastern spice mixture)
• 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
• Add the lentils to a medium sized bowl. Press the lentils with a blender until they appear smooth in texture.
• Add the other half of the lentils. Blend together with the rest of the ingredients and shape into patties.
• Add cooking spray into a pan and add the lentil patties. Cook over medium heat until both sides are browned and slightly crispy on the outer portions. Serve Immediately.
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 3/4 cup of small diced red onion
• 1 1/2 cups of yellow and red bell peppers
• 1 1/2 teaspoons of all-purpose seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper and salt
• 1/2 cups of whole wheat bread crumbs
• 3/4 cups of soy or low-fat mayonnaise
• 2 teaspoons of mustard (dijon)
• 1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 pound of crabmeat
• Cooking spray
• 2 tablespoons of pesto, soy and/or low-fat mayonnaise blended with salt and pepper
• 2 tablespoons of minced parsley
• Heat oil in a pan and sauté the celery, onion and bell peppers. Season with the all-purpose seasoning, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
• Mix bread crumbs, mustard, worcestershire sauce, and mayonnaise/soy mayonnaise. Add crabmeat and slow down mixing. Refrain from breaking the crab pieces. Repeat the entire process.
• Use cooking spray on the pan and turn the heat on medium. Place cakes into the pan using a scooper and sauté over medium heat. When brown on both side, stop and add a small amount of pesto and the mayonnaise blend. Add a pinch of parsley. Serve immediately.
How To Get The Most Out Of The Skinny Girl Diet
As long as all foods and beverages are taken with calorie, sugar, and nutritional content in mind, weight loss is easier and considerably faster. Bethenny made the Skinny Girl diet with this as the most important facet to the diet plan. However, users can take it a step further by being active and busy on their free time. Exercise and gym activities will turn any diet into a successful venture of getting in shape. Yet blocking oneself the recipes they crave the most does not have to always be the case. And the Skinny Girl diet plan exemplifies this greatly.
Love this article and want to read more about diet and weight loss programs? Check out these great articles!
- David’s Low Carb & Intermittent Fasting Weight Loss Plan
- How I lost 65 Pounds in 1 Year
- Intermittent Fasting and Exercise – The Truth
- Tim Ferriss’ Fasting Technique – 3 Day Protocol
- Best Keto Snacks – 14 Recipes
For deals from our great partners check out these offers below for products and programs to keep you on track!
- We love Amazing Grass products because they are packed with all the good stuff to keep you on track and make you feel good. They can be mixed into smoothies, hot beverages, even baked goods. Save 20% Off Your First Order of 2020 at Amazing Grass! Offer ends 3/31.
- If you’re looking for an easy way to get more lean proteins and great fats (think Omega-3), check out Vital Choice seafood. We love their great selection and easy selection and shipping options. SAVE 10% OFF SITE WIDE + Get Free Shipping On Orders $99+ Using Code: HEARTHEALTH20 At VitalChoice.com! Shop Here!
- If you need inspiration, gear, or just a fun way to find more ways to stay active, check out Active.com. Start your $0.99 trial with ACTIVE Advantage today!
- We love fermented food because it’s delicious and good for us. But it’s also fun and easy to make at home with products from Cultures for Health. Free Shipping on Orders over $40 at CulturesForHealth.com!