Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission from the vendor at no extra cost to you. These business relationships allow us to keep bringing you great EatMoveHack content. All opinions remain our own.
Traditional medicine and dieting have been in practice for thousands of years. Most of the oldest forms of diet include reliance on foods that are natural and contain no meat or ingredients that are heavy on the stomach. The Dr. Sebi Diet is a perfect example of these types of diets.
Popular with famous entertainers, actors, and some health nutritionists, this plant-based diet plan has grown significantly. It has become popular for those people looking for weight loss and meaningful health benefits.
We’ve even added Dr. Sebi’s teaching to our Top 10 Health and Fitness Audiobooks – check it out here.
Who Is Dr. Sebi?
Dr. Sebi, real name Alfredo Darrington Bowman, was a medical doctor, health practitioner, and herbalist who advocated the vegan lifestyle. He encouraged the public to eat a vegan diet underpinned by plant-based foods that are grown from organic sources.
The benefits of the Dr. Sebi diet plan, based upon eating unprocessed green, leafy vegetables, are a healthier immune system and resistance to debilitating diseases like heart disease. In his home country, he created the USHA Healing Village to tell his community the dieting ways that could achieve a longer life.
Herbal therapy, or the practice of treating illnesses with natural remedies, was commonly practiced by Dr. Sebi. His methods were known for being an alternative to government certified ways of helping the public such as some immunizations and powerful prescriptions. This even led to the creation of his own formulations, which he began to sell under the label Dr. Sebi Cell Food.
The Dr. Sebi Diet Plan Explained
Dr. Sebi separates cuisine into several distinct nutritional guides. The most notable are processed, mixtures, live, raw, and deceased foods. With his diet plan being based on foods that are fresh, he referred to them as an alkaline diet.
Dr. Sebi alkaline diet plan encouraged consuming certain qualities in foods from an alkaline environment. His belief was that these could heal the body from decaying and aging over time. He also stressed that animal products, such as poultry, meats, seafood should be avoided.
Finally, anything that has a high level of acidity was to also be avoided. Processed foods of all kinds, but especially fried foods and those high in sodium were also prohibited by the diet.
Users who wish to follow the Dr. Sebi Alkaline Diet has some rules to follow with regard to fruits and vegetables. They should never consume fruits that do not contain seeds and plants that are sprayed with chemicals for insect protection.
If vitamins are synthetically added to any edible food, they cannot be eaten. Vegetables that are low in starch are the best. Rye and kalmut are such examples.
A basic drink from Dr. Sebi’s diet regimen will consist of almond butter with no additives, almond milk, and green vegetables based on the user’s choice (so long as they fall into the category specified previously). Vanilla and herbal teas were some of his favorites. Pasta can be used with the vegetables if needed.
Consumers who regularly purchase goods that are high in cholesterol and bad fats will have problems trying to lose weight and staying healthy. Since no meat will be eaten, the chances of acquiring some forms of cancer and cardiovascular diseases could be reduced. Many of the followers that are practicing the Dr. Sebi diet have written testimonies about the success they have had within a short period of time.
Dr. Sebi Alkaline Recipes
Some of Dr. Sebi’s Diet foods consist of standard meals that are similar to vegan diets but unique at the same time. For example, seafood dishes will not contain any seafood but will taste exactly like the type of seafood that is being cooked under the name. Carefully chosen blends of specific herbs and spices will insinuate that the cuisines are entirely made using real meat as well. Dr. Sebi inspired alkaline recipes are also highly nutritious and contain large quantities of potassium, healthy fats, and antioxidants.
Although Dr. Sebi Diet does not stipulate that any physical activity be performed while attempting the dietary plan, it is highly beneficial to users who are active. If a gym cannot be visited, exercises at home or jogging should help. For the people who are solely focused on building muscle and cutting fat, adding a vegetable protein powder is ideal.
Alkaline Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 cups of Spelt Flour
- 1 cup of Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup of Spring Water or Alkaline Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 cups of Agave
- 1/2 cup of Blueberries
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Sea Moss
• Blend in the hemp seeds, spelt flour, sea moos, grapeseed oil, and agave at the same time in a large-sized bowl. Take care to not mix in the hemp milk at this step since it could turn the mixture lumpy due to the grapeseed oil.
• Add one cup of hemp milk and spring water, stir until the mixture is at the consistency that is preferred.
• Mix the blueberries into the batter.
• Preheat a skillet to about medium and add a small amount of grapeseed oil.
• Add the batter into the skillet and let it cook for three to five minutes on both sides, depending on the speed of your stove.
• Baking the pancakes is also an option. If done this way, place them inside your oven at 350 degrees for about five minutes.
Tuna (Without Tuna) – Recipe from Aqil Aniys
- 1 Heaping Cup of Walnuts
- 1 Plum Tomato
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- Juices of 2 Key Limes
- 1/3 Sheet of Nori
- 1/8 teaspoon of Oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon of Thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of Sea Salt
• Fold the Nori sheet into 3 equal folds. Cut along one crease to remove 1/3 sheet of Nori. Fold the 1/3 piece of Nori in half and cut along the crease to make 2 equal pieces. Lay to the two pieces of Nori on top of each other and fold in half and cut along the crease to make 4 equal pieces. The pieces have become pretty small but can follow the same procedure once more so you end up with 8 pieces. Now cut across the slices to end up with small pieces of Nori.
• Cut off the top of the plum tomato. Make a slice lengthwise down the center of the plum tomato. Now cut lengthwise down the center of the 2 pieces to end up with 4 equal pieces. Now cut across each piece to end up with around 5 smaller pieces.
• Add all the ingredients to your blender jar and blend thoroughly so everything is mixed well.
Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 2 Avocados
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 Roma tomato
- a dash of cayenne pepper
- pinch of sea salt
Okra And Lentils
- 1 cup of raw green lentils
- 4 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 15 okra pods- sliced in half or thirds
- Rinse lentils. Add hot water to a saucepan.
- Boil lentils on high heat for approximately 30 minutes.
- Turn heat down to Med heat and add herbs. Stir. 10 minutes.
- Add sea salt and Okra pods. Stir. Approximately 10 minutes. (When you notice okra starting to sweat, stir) then Simmer on low heat covered.
Looking for more recipes and diet ideas? Check out these great articles!
- Keto Turnip Chorizo Soup
- Mold Elimination Diet
- Egg-Free Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Tracy Anderson Diet and
- Frank Medrano Vegan Bodybuilder Diet