Dr. Sebi Diet
Traditional medicine and dieting has been in practice for thousands of years. Most of the oldest forms of diet include a reliance on foods that are natural and contain no meat or ingredients that are heavy on the stomach. The ability to digest such meals easily was the largest factor in determining how healthy the diet plans were for the people that undertook them. In today’s world, any diet with rules that are completely alternate to what is publicly understood as healthy could open the doors to new and innovative ways to get healthy. The Dr. Sebi Diet is a perfect case. Popular with famous entertainers, actors, and some health nutritionists, this diet plan has grown significantly since the time of its origins in Latin America.
Who Is Dr. Sebi?
Dr. Sebi, real name Alfredo Darrington Bowman, was a health practitioner and herbalist who advocated the vegan lifestyle and encouraged the public to eat foods that are grown from organic sources. He often spoke of how eating green, leafy vegetables that are not processed will lead to a healthier immune system and stave off debilitating diseases. In his home country, he created the USHA Healing Village to tell his community the dieting ways that could achieve longer life.
Herbal therapy, or the practice of treating illnesses with natural remedies, was commonly practiced by Dr. Sebi. His methods were known for being an alternative to government certified ways on helping the public such as some immunizations and powerful prescriptions.
The Dr. Sebi Diet Plan Explained
Dr. Sebi separates cuisine into several distinctions. The most notable are processed, mixtures, live, raw, and deceased foods. With his diet plan being based on foods that are fresh, he referred to them as alkaline meals. He believed that certain qualities in alkaline foods could heal the body from decaying and aging overtime. He also stressed that poultry, meats, seafood, and anything that has a high level of acidity was to be avoided. Sodium and fried foods were also prohibited by the diet.
Users who wish to follow the Dr. Sebi Diet should never consume fruits that do not contain seeds and plants that are sprayed with chemicals for insect protection. If vitamins are synthetically added to any edible food, they cannot be eaten. Vegetables that are low in starch are the best. Rye and kalmut are such examples. A basic drink from Dr. Sebi’s diet regimen will consist of almond butter with no additives, almond milk, and green vegetables based on the user’s choice (so long as they fall into the category specified previously). Vanilla and herbal teas were one of his favorites. Pasta can be used with the vegetables if needed.
Consumers who regularly purchase goods that are high in cholesterol and bad fats will have exceptional problems with weight loss and staying healthy. Since no meat will be eaten, the chances of acquiring some forms of cancer and cardiovascular diseases could be reduced. Many of the followers that are practicing the Dr. Sebi diet have written testimonies about the success they have had within a short period of time.
Dr. Sebi Recipes
Some of Dr. Sebi’s Dieting foods consist of standard meals that are vegan in similarity but unique at the same time. For example, seafood dishes will not contain any seafood but will taste exactly like the type of seafood that it is being cooked under the name. Carefully chosen blends of specific herbs and spices will insinuate that the cuisines are entirely made using real meat as well. Dr Sebi inspired recipes are also highly nutritious and contain large quantities of potassium, healthy fats, and antioxidants.
Although the Dr. Sebi Diet does not stipulate that any physical activity be performed while attempting the dietary plan, it is highly beneficial to users who are active. If a gym cannot be visited, exercises at home or jogging should help. For the people who are solely focused on building muscle and cutting fat, adding a vegetable protein powder is ideal.
Alkaline Blueberry Pancakes
• 2 cups of Spelt Flour
• 1 cup of Coconut Milk
• 1/2 cup of Spring Water or Alkaline Water
• 2 Tablespoons of Grapeseed Oil
• 1/2 cups of Agave
• 1/2 cup of Blueberries
• 1/4 Teaspoon of Sea Moss
• Blend in the hemp seeds, spelt flour, sea moos, grapeseed oil, and agave at the same time in a large sized bowl. Take care to not mix in the hemp milk at this step since it could turn the mixture lumpy due to the grapeseed oil.
• Add one cup of hemp milk and spring water, stir until the mixture is at the consistency that are prefer.
• Add the blueberries into the batter.
• Preheat a skillet to about medium and add a small amount of grapeseed oil.
• Add the batter into the skillet and let it cook for three to five minutes on both sides, depending on the speed of your stove.
• Baking the pancakes is also an option. If done this way, place them inside your oven at 350 degrees for about five minutes.
Tuna (Without Tuna) – Recipe from Aqil Aniys
• 1 Heaping Cup of Walnuts
• 1 Plum Tomato
• 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
• Juices of 2 Key Limes
• 1/3 Sheet of Nori
• 1/8 teaspoon of Oregano
• 1/8 teaspoon of Thyme
• 1/8 teaspoon of Onion Powder
• 1/8 teaspoon of Ginger
• 1/8 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon of Sea Salt
• Fold the Nori sheet into 3 equal folds. Cut along one crease to remove 1/3 sheet of Nori. Fold the 1/3 piece of Nori in half and cut along the crease to make 2 equal pieces. Lay to the two pieces of Nori on top of each other and fold in half and cut along the crease to make 4 equal pieces. The pieces have become pretty small but can follow the same procedure once more so you end up with 8 pieces. Now cut across the slices to end up with small pieces of Nori.
• Cut off the top of the plum tomato. Make a slice long way down the center of the plum tomato. Now cut long way down the center of the 2 pieces to end up with 4 equal pieces. Now cut across each piece to end up with around 5 smaller pieces.
• Add all the ingredients to your blender jar and blend thoroughly so everything is mixed well.
Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
• 2 Avocados
• 1/4 cup of cilantro
• 1 cucumber
• 1/2 lime
• 1/2 red onion
• 1 roma tomato
• a dash of cayenne pepper
• pinch of sea salt
Okra And Lentils
• 1 cup of raw green lentils
• 4 cups of water
• 1/4 cup of fresh parsley-chopped
• 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves-chopped
• 1 teaspoon of sea salt
• 15 okra pods- sliced in half or thirds
• Rinse lentils. Add hot water to saucepan.
• Boil lentils on high heat approximately 30 minutes.
• Turn heat down to Med heat and add herbs. Stir. 10 minutes.
• Add sea salt and Okra pods. Stir. Approximately 10 minutes. (When you notice okra starting to sweat, stir) then Simmer on low heat covered.
Looking for more recipes and diet ideas? Check out these great articles!
- Keto Turnip Chorizo Soup
- Egg Free Keto Breakfast Recipes – 8 Best
- Tracy Anderson Diet and
- Frank Medrano Vegan Bodybuilder – Diet