Who is Jillian Michaels?
Jillian Michaels is a California native, born in LA. Her break into fame was for her role on The Biggest Loser . She followed that show into Just Jillian. TV wasn’t her only work. She’s also written books, including her most popular book, Slim For Life. Not surprisingly, she created an easy to follow diet plan that channels all her knowledge and experience into a guide for how to lose and keep weight off, called the Jillian Michaels Diet plan. It’s been well received for it’s inclusive and thoughtful approach, making it easy to personalize and follow regardless of age, gender, or starting weight. It’s had a positive impact on thousands and continues to be used by people who want a healthy, active lifestyle.
Jillian Michaels Diet Plan
The Jillian Michaels Diet online courses involve both physical activity and diet change. It’s designed to be customizable so that anybody can make it their own. Since everyone needs a slightly different solution based on their personal needs and goals, the plan is flexible while still being effective.
One of the most valuable parts of the program is the online community that a user gets access to immediately when they sign up. The community gives users support and people to train along with. Users get a free week trial that thousands have chosen to convert into a paid service. They see value in weekly content that includes diet advice and exercises that users can access through video or podcast (again, all about flexibility). Making it even easier (and affordable), users don’t need an additional gym membership and can do all the exercises online and/or at guest meetings. The coolest part (at least I think) is that users can even get personal advice from Jillian herself. How cool is that?!
Tons of Recipes
We know that all the fitness in the world can’t fix a bad diet. Part of the program includes a huge database of great recipes. From baked goods to healthy alternatives to junky fast food, users can find something (or lots of somethings) that work for them. And, in keeping in the trend of customizing, users can find recipes based on things they love the most. Generally the recipes are low carb, low sugar, and high in protein. She also makes sure to include foods high in antioxidants.
Benefits Of The Jillian Michaels Diet Plan
Jillian made sure to create something that she thinks solve the problems of fad diets. She thoughtfully included high human interaction so that users felt supported and part of something healthy and supportive. Not surprisingly, social media is a big part of the success.
And the ability to make the program custom to the user is huge. Each user’s challenges and goals are different and the program takes that into consideration. It’s a great balance of we’re in this together but all different. the personalized plan changes with the user as they progress through their fitness and diet developments. The program, like the user, changes while remaining absolutely personalized.
Jillian Michaels Diet Plan Recipes
So we talked already about the huge database of great recipes and how users can find the ones that most appeal to them and their needs. There are a few that have gained significant attention, for example, her lemon detox drink. Here are a few more super popular (and yummy looking) recipes!
Barbecue Chicken Burrito
Serving Size: 2-3
• 1 teaspoon of olive oil
• 1/2 pound of skinless, boneless chicken breast that is cut into small cubes
• 1/4 cup of chopped onion
• 1 1/2 cloves of minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons of organic barbecue sauce
• 7 ounces of organic black beans, low sodium, rinsed and drained
• 2 whole grain tortillas (6 inches in diameter)
• 2 tablespoons of low fat sour cream
• Heat up the oil in a non-stick pan to medium temperature. Add thte chicken, garlic, and onion. cook for eight minutes, checking to make sure that the chicken is well done. Stir occasionally.
• Mix in the beans and barbecue sauce. Cook for five minutes until it is completely hot.
• Heat up the tortillas.
• Carefully place about a half cup of chicken down the middle of the tortilla and add one tablespoon of sour cream. Roll up the tortilla.
Serving Size: 4
• 11 1/2 pounds of haddock grouper, or cod
• cooking spray
• 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon of fat-free mayonnaise
• 1/8 tablespoons of onion powder
• 1/8 tablespoons of freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup of fresh breadcrumbs
• 11 1/2 tablespoons of melted Smart Start
• 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
• Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
• Place fish in an 11×7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
• Put the fish into an 11×7 inch baking pan and coat with the cooking spray.
• Add lime juice, mayonnaise, onion powder, and black pepper into a small bowl. Spread over the fish.
• Add breadcrumbs over the fish and Smart Start.
• Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Test with a fork. If the fish appears flakey. It is ready.
• Add parsley and serve immediately.
Ham and Apple on Bread
Serving Size: 5
• Olive oil spray, for the grill pan
• 2 slices crusty whole- wheat bread, such as boule or country loaf
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1/4 teaspoon honey
• 1 1/2 ounces thinly sliced organic Black Forest or other smoked ham
• 1/2 ounce reduced- fat Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
• 1/4 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Spray a grill pan with olive oil and heat over medium- high heat until hot but not smoking. Place the bread slices on the grill and grill until grill marks appear on both sides, about two minutes per side.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, place the mustard and honey. Stir with a small spoon until well combined.
• Place the grilled bread on a work surface and spread the mustard and honey mixture on both slices. On one slice of bread, place the ham, gently folding each slice in thirds to give the sandwich some height.
• Arrange the cheese slices on top and then the apple slices. Grind some black pepper on the apple.
• Place the other slice of grilled bread on top. Slice the sandwich in half. Serve.
7 Day Detox Drink
• 60 ounces of purified water
• 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon of sugar free cranberry juice
• 1 organic dandelion root tea bag
• Steep the tea bag for about 10 minutes, allow for it to cool off.
• Mix all of the ingredients together and add the tea bag.
• Drink the entire mixture all day for 7 days.
Jillian Michaels has a bright future ahead of her as a diet and fitness expert. People love her energy and passion for helping people become stronger, healthier, and happier. Her thoughtful and successful diet program shows that a program designed for individual’s needs while also including each person in a bigger community is a great recipe for success.
Love this article and want to read more like it? Check out these great articles!
- David’s Low Carb & Intermittent Fasting Weight Loss Plan
- How I lost 65 Pounds in 1 Year
- Keto Turnip Chorizo Soup
- Jason Statham Workout and Diet
- Alexis Ren Diet and Workout – Tips and Tricks
For deals from our great partners check out these offers below for products and programs to keep you on track!
- We love Amazing Grass products because they are packed with all the good stuff to keep you on track and make you feel good. They can be mixed into smoothies, hot beverages, even baked goods. Save 20% Off Your First Order of 2020 at Amazing Grass! Offer ends 3/31.
- If you’re looking for an easy way to get more lean proteins and great fats (think Omega-3), check out Vital Choice seafood. We love their great selection and easy selection and shipping options. SAVE 10% OFF SITE WIDE + Get Free Shipping On Orders $99+ Using Code: HEARTHEALTH20 At VitalChoice.com! Shop Here!
- If you need inspiration, gear, or just a fun way to find more ways to stay active, check out Active.com. Start your $0.99 trial with ACTIVE Advantage today!
- We love fermented food because it’s delicious and good for us. But it’s also fun and easy to make at home with products from Cultures for Health. Free Shipping on Orders over $40 at CulturesForHealth.com!