Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission from the vendor at no extra cost to you. These business relationships allow us to keep bringing you great EatMoveHack content. All opinions remain our own.
For fans of Dr. Nowzaradan and the TLC show My 600 lb. Life we’ve put together a a few popular resources. Here is the diet guide, post-surgery supplement list, and Dr. Now’s published books. We’ve made these documents and images easy to download and pin so you can reference them later!
Dr. Now’s Diet
It’s not always clear what is and isn’t on Dr. Nowzaradan’s prescribed diet based on what subjects of the show choose to eat. So we put together a quick guide to what Dr. Nowzaradan likely tells his patients they should and shouldn’t be eating to lose weight pre-surgery.
EMH’s Dr. Now Diet Breakdown
Let’s start with Dr. Nowzaradan’s 1,200 calorie diet plan PDF. This one-page Dr. Now diet PDF will get you well on your way towards gaining a command of his diet program.
If you’re looking for a quick no-no guide, you can also check this out:
For those who are looking for a great sample of an actual menu, we’ve put this together for you:
Dr. Now Resources – Progress Enhancers:
Eat.Move.Hack. has partnered with a few companies that can help you more easily achieve the Dr. Nowzaradan Diet:
The first is Noom. With over 235,000 reviews we believe this app is doing something very right. Noom will help you stop dieting, master your mindset and build better habits – all keys to long-term healthy change.
Noom will help set and achieve short and long-term goals with a personal goal specialist. They will also help you develop practical skills to conquer your food triggers, master mindful eating, shop smarter and make healthier overall choices.
Bistro MD can help you take all of the work out of eating healthy. The lack of time available to prepare healthy and nutritious meals is often the number one complaint for failing to remain compliant with a new eating habit.
Bistro MD has developed a doctor-designed meal prep and food delivery program that removes barrier to healthy eating. How does it work? Well, here is the information direct from Bistro MD – Select a plan that works for your dietary preferences and your schedule. Each week, choose from over 150 delicious chef-prepared meals that are ready to eat in 5 minutes or less. Looking for healthy-eating, diabetes-friendly, gluten free, or menopause-friendly weight loss plans? We’ve got you covered.
Why is this great for Dr. Now’s program? Well, they have specific plans for men and women. The men’s program averages 1,500 per day and the women’s program averages 1,200 calories per day. Sounds familiar. Check it out today!!
After weight loss surgery, most patients are prescribed supplements to ensure that they get all the nutrition they need without relying fully on what they get from food alone. This quick guide is the short list of what is most commonly recommended post-weight loss surgery.
Dr. Nowzaradan’s Books
Dr. Nowzaradan isn’t just a doctor, he’s an author as well. If you want more insight into his approach and experience, check out these two books.
We hope these Dr. Now resources help you learn more about Dr. Now’s approach and the experience of the subjects of My 600 lb. Life. Remember, if you’re interested in losing weight through diet, fitness, or other lifestyle changes, it’s always best to start by working with your doctor. Everyone’s journey to health is different and the guidance and assistance of qualified medical practitioners is SO important!
Want to read more about diet and fitness plans? Check out these articles!
- Is Dr. Nowzaradan’s 1,200 Calorie Diet Right for Me?
- How I lost 65 Pounds in 1 Year
- My Favorite Amazon Finds for a Low-Carb Kitchen!
- David’s Low Carb & Intermittent Fasting Weight Loss Plan
- Where to Start With Intermittent Fasting?
- Tim Ferriss’ Fasting Technique – 3 Day Protocol
- Fast Mimicking Diet – 5 Day Fast
For deals from our great partners check out these offers below for products and programs to keep you on track!
- If you’re looking for an easy way to get more lean proteins and great fats (think Omega-3), check out Vital Choice seafood. We love their great selection and easy selection and shipping options. SAVE 10% OFF SITE WIDE + Get Free Shipping On Orders $99+ Using Code: HEARTHEALTH20 At VitalChoice.com! Shop Here!
- If you need inspiration, gear, or just a fun way to find more ways to stay active, check out Active.com. Start your $0.99 trial with ACTIVE Advantage today!
- We love fermented food because it’s delicious and good for us. But it’s also fun and easy to make at home with products from Cultures for Health. Free Shipping on Orders over $40 at CulturesForHealth.com!