Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission from the vendor at no extra cost to you. These business relationships allow us to keep bringing you great EatMoveHack content. All opinions remain our own.
For the next few weeks or months, we’ll all need ideas for what to do when staying home. We’ve put together some ideas for ways to keep from getting bored or slipping into unhealthy habits while we drastically change our day to day routines. Stay busy, stay healthy!
Virtual Races & Real Runs
Thankfully, we’re still allowed outside for runs or walks so long as we keep that crucial 6 ft physical distance from each other. So let’s make the most of it!
Check out some easy ways to start running if you’ve never run before. We love the book Running That Doesn’t Suck: How to Love Running (Even If You Think You Hate It) if you need something to help you get started. It takes a total non-runner and helps them become a runner without being super technical or serious.
If you need motivation but don’t want to share your run info with friends (I’m a SLOW runner so I’m not much of a sharer, lol), check out all the options for virtual runs. You can do a mile to 100 mile run challenges and you even get swag! Never earned a metal before? Now’s your chance! And many runs benefit charity so it’s a win, win for everyone.
Need gear? My husband and I love our watches. I use the Garmin Vivio Active 3 and I love it. My husband is a more advanced runner and uses the Garmin Forerunner 945 and loves it. We both run in Goodr sunglasses and love those, too. They’re super affordable, come in TONS of colors and designs, and they’re crazy affordable for quality fitness sunglasses.
We also love bringing our son on our runs. Family runs are one way we do productive, healthy family time. We love our Bob Jogging Stroller and know MANY other families who agree.
30 day Challenge
Sometimes setting goals helps pass the time and gives us something to look forward to. For a fun what to do when staying home, we love a good challenge. We put together three 30 day challenges to help you build yourself up by strengthening yourself. Do all three or just one, it’s up to you! Pin it so it’s easy to find later.
So you’ve found yourself with a bunch of time on your hands. Well, there’s no better time than now to learn some great new recipes. It can also be a great way to spend time with family, especially the kiddos. Sometimes what to do when staying home isn’t just a solution for you, you have spouses and kids to think of, too. Getting dirty and making something together can be a lot of fun and builds great memories. Check out some of our favorite food – and drink! – recipes!
- Keto Turnip Chorizo Soup Recipe
- Egg Free Keto Breakfast Recipes; 8 Best
- 14 Best Keto Egg Breakfast Recipes
- 7 Best Low Carb Keto Pancakes
- 12 Keto Friendly Adult Beverages
- Best Keto Snacks; 14 Recipes
- 5 Low-Carb Brunch Tips
There’s only so much working out, cooking, and TV you can take before you just need a few quite minutes to yourself. When that time comes, pick up a good book (or pop-in some earbuds and listen to one!). We love these and so do many of our readers. There’s something for everyone!
We love these books and we think you will, too!
I hope these ideas help give you a few ideas of what to do when staying home! Stay healthy!
Want to read more about effective diets and fitness? Check out these articles!
- Healthy Hobbies To Try Instead of Snacking!
- How I lost 65 Pounds in 1 Year
- David’s Low Carb & Intermittent Fasting Weight Loss Plan
- Tim Ferriss’ Fasting Technique – 3 Day Protocol
- Jason Statham Workout and Diet
- The Skinny Girl Diet Plan
- Tracy Anderson Diet and Workout
For deals from our great partners check out these offers below for products and programs to keep you on track!
- If you’re looking for an easy way to get more lean proteins and great fats (think Omega-3), check out Vital Choice seafood. We love their great selection and easy selection and shipping options. SAVE 10% OFF SITE WIDE + Get Free Shipping On Orders $99+ Using Code: HEARTHEALTH20 At VitalChoice.com! Shop Here!
- If you need inspiration, gear, or just a fun way to find more ways to stay active, check out Active.com. Start your $0.99 trial with ACTIVE Advantage today!
- We love fermented food because it’s delicious and good for us. But it’s also fun and easy to make at home with products from Cultures for Health. Free Shipping on Orders over $40 at CulturesForHealth.com!